Sunday, June 27, 2010

10 minutes

That's about all we got for beach time today.  10 minutes.

I was so looking forward to a lazy day at the beach this Saturday.

But it rained.

And rained.

And rained some more.

But I managed to snap this picture in those 10 minutes.


This is in front of C&C's Surf School, which is right across the road from where we are living.  This is the spot on the beach where we usually hang out.  If the weather holds out tomorrow, G & D are supposed to take surf lessons.  Dane is still unsure about it.  He's a little nervous about being out where he can't touch the bottom.  We'll see.

We went out to dinner tonight just to get out of the villas.  We went to Coco's and had the "typical" dish or "casados" - rice, beans, meat, fried plantains, salad, and an order of fajitas.  The food was really good.  Genevieve  (our pickiest eater) has been trying new foods.  She is doing pretty well here because she like rice and meat.  The boys are hit & miss.  Last night we went to Jardin Marino, a "soda" on the main street. I ordered a cheesburger and casados.   The 4 of us can share 2 dishes with food leftover.  Our meals were good there too.  I think the kids favorite thing was the talking parrot at the restaurant (and counting the geckos - but that's everywhere we go!)

Tomorrow is Zeke's birthday.  I will consider it a success if we don't have any tantrums or major meltdowns.  Wishful thinking?  I baked another batch of toaster oven cupcakes.  I think these ones turned out much better.  I think I'm getting the hang of this toaster oven baking ;) .

1 comment:

  1. I love that bench! So cool!

    And I am cracking up at the picture of you toaster over baking! :) I hope Zeke has an amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete