Tuesday, February 9, 2010

map anyone?

One of the most frustrating aspects of finding accommodations has been all the different not-to-scale maps of Samara that everybody has on their websites. Location is extremely important to me as I've decided I don't want the expense of a rental car for 6 weeks. I want to be able to walk everywhere, which could be a challenge with my 3 year old (who threw a fit just walking a few blocks to pick up his brother from school today).

Here is an example of how vastly off these maps are, and why I am obsessed with the internet and researching. I was looking at Condo Solimar - (the yellow rectangle on the left). As you can see it looks pretty close to the school (the purple oval on the main street of town))


Until I looked at google maps. Condo Solimar is circled in red and the school is a green X.


It's appalling really.

Just for kicks here's another map of Samara

If you clock on the pictures you can see them bigger and in more detail

1 comment:

  1. I am a HUGE internet researcher, and maps always bug me anyway... Also, the thing I miss about San Diego is being able to walk just about anywhere. I really loved that lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete