Monday, February 1, 2010

A few crazy ideas

So I've had a handful of crazy ideas in my life.

One landed my husband and I in a motorhome for a year traveling the entire United States. Our families sure thought we were crazy. It ended up being the adventure of a lifetime. Truly the test of a marriage. 365 days together, in a tiny moving home. And no internet or cell phone to assist the process. These were the dark ages people (1998/1999).

Another locura {crazy idea} took us to Kenya for 3 weeks. With our 3 1/2 year old. And 20 month old. Now that is crazy. Let's just say we survived :)

A little over a year ago I took my daughter (age 6 at the time) to the charming town of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico for a week. Just the 2 of us. I don't think this was crazy. Well maybe a little. Especially when we were dropped off by our taxi at our "B&B", at dusk, and nobody was home. Our flights were delayed, and we had come straight from the airport to a deserted street in Mexico, left on the curb with our bags. At that moment, I indeed thought I was un poco loco.

And here I am today, working through my latest and greatest crazy idea. I'm blogging about it because I think there are other crazies out there like me trying to do similar things without a lot of resources. Just maybe I can help someone else figure out how to pull off adding a little crazy into their own life.


No comments:

Post a Comment