Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back it up!

Now.  

Stop what you are doing, hook up your computer to an external drive (if you don't have one, go out and buy one), and BACK UP YOUR STUFF.

I'm the queen of reading these messages, and saying to myself "yah, I gotta do that....later".

Well later never came and my hard drive CRASHED.

NO WARNING.  9 month old computer.

ALL of our business information & customer accounts are on that hard drive.  Our LIVELIHOOD.

All my pictures from the last  9 months.  

I am a self-proclaimed IDIOT for not backing-up.  

Right now I don't know what (if anything) will be salvaged.  To send it to a professional data-retrieval place is between $2000-$3000.  We MAY have to go that route.  And we still MAY not get anything back.  

Trying to have peace.  These things throw me into such a tailspin.  I have to remember that God CAN fix this problem.  So if He chooses not to, I'm supposed to learn something from this ordeal.  I'm pretty sure it is not supposed to be "panic" or "stress".  I have to keep my eye on the bigger picture.  Our lives may get really difficult for a while because of this, but they will not end.  

One more lesson in PERSPECTIVE, that's for sure.  

So why are you still reading this?

GO BACK UP YOUR PRECIOUS FILES!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I think I will be backing up my files now!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to me too. Fortunately the guys @ hubby's company were able to retrieve everything, as I backed up nothing. Ever.

    Went out immediately & bought an EHD. To this day, I have NEVER used it! I am so dumb!

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete