Monday, December 29, 2008

Lunes- a good day

Can't get my photos uploaded tonight for some unknown reason, so this will be a picture-less post for now.

Our B&B hostess keeps asking what we want for breakfast each evening, but when I make suggestions she says "no".  So then I ask her what she makes and she answers eggs.  And huevos rancheros (um...eggs?).  So eggs it is.  One of the reasons I picked this place was because I read reviews what a phenominal cook she was, so I'm puzzled.  But TIM!

Today we got up at 7:30 (ouch) and got ready for school.  The school is great.  The people who run it are nice, the teachers are nice, they seem to really have it together.  They are definitely my information source for all my questions.  They take the kids on little field trips to the park, market, and so on.  They include field trips in the afternoon for the adults as well - market, walking tour, cooking lessons, dance lessons (um no) all included in the tuition cost.  
Genevieve is in school from 8:30 to 1:15.  I am in class from 9:00 to 11:00.  So that gives me a couple hours to do all the walking and window-shopping I want without boring Genevieve to death.  

I'm ashamed to say I had Subway for lunch today, but let me explain why.  I a=only had about 45 minutes to catch a bite before I had to go back to get Genevieve.  So I wanted something quick, cheap, and predictable.  I went back to the over-priced La Terazza because it was convenient, and I had seen someone order nachos the day before that looked yummy.  So I ordered the nachos and a drink.  It was 12:30.  However, I am told that they don't have nachos right now, but I can have chips & salsa, chips and guacamole....... so I ask "you have no cheese?", and the waiter answers oh no, they have cheese, but nachos are on the comida (lunch) menu and they are still serving from the desayuno (breakfast) menu, but you can have a quesadilla con queso (which is on the comida menu).  So they have chips.  And they have cheese.  But they can't make me nachos at 12:30pm because they are still serving breakfast.  But I am allowed to order a quesadilla from the lunch menu.  
Again. 
TIM.
So I went and got Subway =).

Genevieve made some friends in her class from Seattle.  The family is staying here for 3 months, taking in the culture and learning the language.  We had a play-date with them this afternoon.  Super nice people.

We came back home for a siesta.  Funny how I really need one here.  I don't sleep, but I do need the rest.  I guess I am doing quite a bit of walking around town.  

Lastly we went to an italiano restaurante for cena.  The food was pretty good, although Genevieve didn't agree (see a pattern here?).  But again she didn't complain, she was just "full" after a few bites.  

We finished the evening with a little shopping and homework.  We got a late start in the evening and it was 10:00 by the time G got to bed - oops.  Need to figure out our schedule a little better.  

Asta!


No comments:

Post a Comment