Monday, September 8, 2008

Playground kisses and puking

I picked up Genevieve from school today (1st grade), and this is how our conversation went.

Genevieve:  I kissed Isaiah, and he kissed me back.  

Me:  Oh really? (cut me some slack, I wasn't sure how to respond yet)

Genevieve:  Yah, and we want to marry each other.  I like him so so so much.

Me:  Is that right?  (profound words of wisdom, I know)

Genevieve:  Isaiah and I were thinking we should have a playdate, because we really love each other.

I don't know who this Isaiah kid is, but I think I need to have a talking to his parents, and tell them to keep their sons paws OFF MY DAUGHTER!!!!!

When we pulled into the driveway, Dane began puking all over himself, the seatbelt, and the booster seat.  Today was Dane's first day of preschool as a pre-K kid.  What a way to ring in the new school year.  Sorry in advance Ms Kristen and the rest of the Monkey Class =(.

And now I'm starting to feel queezy.  Because that's what I do when my family is sick.  What is it called?  Power of suggestion?  I know it's in my head.  But I still can't help it.  Yuck.




2 comments:

  1. I get sick all the time when my family is sick too, I think it's more of a fear about being sick and the waiting to see if your going to get sick game.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I work in medicine so I have an iron stomach but I have first-hand experience w/ cleaning puke from the car and car seat and that bites!!!!

    ReplyDelete