Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blog Revival

I'm gonna try...

There's always lot's to blog about, but my prime time for letting the words just flow from my fingertips is somewhere between 12am and 2am. Fortunately I'm not usually up during those hours anymore! Halleluja!!! Zeke is FINALLY sleeping through the night after some grueling, but much needed sleep-training. He is consistently sleeping from about 7:30-8:00pm to 6:00-7:00am.

Why am I up blogging at 2:30am on a Saturday night then? Well, I fell asleep on the couch in the midst of making baby food, and I got up to finish before going to bed.

Now before you decide that I have gone off the deep-end by making homemade baby food, I just have to tell you that I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't do it for the other two kids because it is SOOOOOOOOO EASY. I thought it would be so time-consuming, and it's not. I just baked a sweet potato, steamed some broccoli and peas and put them in my little food grinder thingy with a little water, and presto! Then I put the pureed veggies in ice cube trays, silicone mini muffin tins and put in the freezer. Once frozen I plopped the cubes into freezer bags, and I have enough baby food to last me a loooong time. I also made up some veggies and fruit with the cereal already mixed together and put that in tiny canning jars, so I can just grab one when I need to feed Zeke on the run.

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment