Thursday, August 2, 2007

Unchartered Waters...

Today I entered a land where no 5-week postpartum mom should ever go...............


That's right, the bathing suit department. It was frightening to say the least. The list of "must-haves" was so long I thought I would never accomplish the task at hand.

A looooong tankini so no midriff could show, and loose enough to not hug my "curves". Enough support so that the "girls" are above what used to be my belly-button (now it's just a stretched out mass of circular wrinkles.) And a skirt. Yes, I said a SKIRT. I have officially reached the point in my life where I need a skirt on my bathing suit.

If you thought dressing room mirrors were bad before, just try them out a few weeks after carrying around a 40lb beach ball in your belly.

So I came home with a couple suits that *almost* met all the criteria. I went to one store and one store only. That's all my psyche could handle.

If you thought I was going to post pictures like I usually do, you were so WRONG. :)

1 comment:

  1. you are a VERY VERY brave woman. That is something that we all have had to do and never look forward too.

    ReplyDelete