Tuesday, June 26, 2007

County Fair for Genevieve & Aunt Lisa's birthday


Since we had Genevieve's birthday party early, we still wanted to do something fun on her "actual" birthday which was sunday June 24th. If you didn't know, she shares her birthday with her Aunt Lisa (Luke's sister).
So we met Luke's mom & Danny, and Lisa, Brian & Baby Jake at the fair. Crazy at 38 weeks? Actually it wasn't so bad since the weather was beautiful (meaning not too hot), and there were enough adults to help so that I could take little breaks and sit down. By the end I was definitely tired of the pressure to talk to strangers about my belly at every corner. Luke was amazed at how many people stared and had comments for me. But it has become the norm to me (as I'm sure most of you who have been pregnant remember how it is at the end). The only thing that really surprised me were how many people who seriously asked me if I was having twins. Or the jokesters that asked "how many are in there?" I mean, I know I'm big, but I've never felt the need to talk to strangers about their pregnancies, other than the casual "when are you do" if I happened to be standing next to someone in line for something.
Anyhow, the fair was fun, the kids had a BLAST, and we spent a small fortune.










Later that night (being last night) we actually thought "this is it". At about 1:30am I started having painful contractions right on top of each other - like 2 minutes apart. I was in a panic because it came on so fast, and I knew I couldn't get into the car like that. My worst fear of not making it to the hospital was happening. Fortunately, they subsided after about 10+ minutes. I didn't sleep well after that, thinking they were surely going to start up again at any moment. It was a TOO REAL reminder of what labor feels like, and to be honest I'm a bit of a nervous wreck now. I wish I hadn't had that little glimpse as to what to expect again.

But here I am 24 hours later at 1:00am and nothing so far. What am I doing up you ask? Well, nights scare me at this point. Starting labor during the day doesn't seem as scary for some reason. But in the eery quiet of the night, knowing everyone else is asleep is unsettling to me. So here I am blogging :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I can't believe Genevieve jumped that high on the trampolene...brave girl. Hope all is well. You look great Amy...don't let all those silly strangers get you down...although I don't envy being 9 months pregnant in the summer...been there done that. :) Oh and try to sleep...labor will happen when it happens...sleep now while you still can... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just figured out how to look at each picture by itself and realized that the second trampolene picture is of Dane jumping just as high...Amy...you have some dare devils on your hands...although I am sure you don't need me to tell you that... :) Hopefully Zambouie will be the calm child in the house...maybe?

    ReplyDelete